Here's the thing... math isn't my thing. English is.
It's as simple as that. However, the school system doesn't (nor does my counselor) care. I have asked to switch out of Honors PreCalc but nothing has happened. Even my parents and teacher have insisted on it. Nothing changed.
Math will always, always, always be extremely inferior to my english skills. I'm okay with that. The life I envision for myself has nothing to do with calculus, or any math beyond check balancing, budgeting, calculating 40% off clothes, and how much 15% of the bill is for tip.
But I'm suffering. Flat out. Failing is not an option. I need 4 years of math to get into a university. But finishing this class with a D or a C is going to be tragic to my GPA. This math class has consumed all my time for the things I love to do most, writing and reading. It's the class I dread going to because everyday I am unprepared. I don't mind being the dumb kid in math, and I don't mind not being fantastic at everything. What I do mind is that school is suppose to foster your intelligence growth, and help you find who you are - but it doesn't. It does not take me four years of high school for me to realize that math and science are not my best subjects. I'm not asking for a way out of this class, because I know I need to take it to graduate. What I'm asking for is to be in a lower leveled class.
And I have been asking. No result.
At this point. I'm pulling my hair out in stress. I feel tortured.
And I'm screaming AHHHHHHHH.
-mittens.