November 14, 2011

Materialism and God.

Materialism. I've been through the phase. Have you?

Most likely, that answer to that is yes. So the real question is, are you still in it?

I'm not arguing that there isn't difference between Victoria Secret underwear and off-brand underwear. Because there most definitely is. But what I am trying to say with my case is that people these days BUY FOR PRIDE.
"Whoever loves money never has  money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless." - Ecclesiastes 5:10

*(P.S. Victoria Secret underwear at outlets are $3 a piece versus the in-store $7.50-$10.50!)*

I'm a huge believer in finding bargains. That's how I justify my materials, being able to say I got them 70% off! When the quality is higher than the price, then I buy. I also admire my dad a ton for always putting the church first when it came to giving money. He would not give me $20 bucks as easily as he would to the church, and I want to do that when I get older too. Church first, in every aspect.

So do not fool yourself with the wrath of materialism, do not allow your mind to think that the DESIRE TO ACQUIRE will make you more happy, more important, and more secure - for all three of these ideas are untrue. YOUR SELF-WORTH AND NET WORTH ARE NOT THE SAME.  - What on Earth am I Here for? by Rick Warren.

- mittens.