I had this written down in my bible journal and I wish I would have read it before making the mistakes I've made. It's about 4am and I can't sleep. Is it guilt? Is it pain? Maybe it's both. I tried distracting myself with a movie but you can only be distracted for so long. After the movie ended, I got a sudden burst of energy to read the bible. I want to blog this moment so I remember how I feel.
Over the past few days, I've gone to Jesus Camp and met some pretty great people. In all honesty, I didn't feel that moved by the camp. I think I walked down the mountain the same way I walked up it. However, God didn't give up on me there. He presented me with a problem; a heart striking problem. His timing couldn't have been more perfect. I thought my faith was helpless. I thought I was too dirty, too sin-covered, and too broken to ever be God's child again. But I was wrong, he will love me no matter what. King David, Joe, and Jacob were all broken before God used them. They inspire and show me that I can still be loved, as long as I confess and repent my sins. Things happen, but all for a reason. "because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live!" - Hebrews 12:6-9. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." - Hebrews 12:11
- Let no fear of man stand in the path of the love between God and his creation.
- Holiness is worth the inconvenience.
Romans 12:1-2 says... Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
There is nothing too big for God. (Listen to this).
I also want to give a special shout out to David Dang, David Giang, Nhan Nguyen, and Nina Vo for helping me in my walk with God.
I also want to give a special shout out to David Dang, David Giang, Nhan Nguyen, and Nina Vo for helping me in my walk with God.
- mittens.