August 19, 2011

Like a Turtle; snap snap.

I don't know what it is about me... but I'm constantly snapping at my family.

I suppose I should trace it back to the fact that I've grown up getting it my way. If "no" is the first answer, it just means try again... and again and again until I find some path to get my sweet-sweet way. I fight for it. It's my personality; I'm a fighter. But I'm fighting for all the wrong things.

As a 4 year old, snapping is understandable. However, as a 16 year old? It's quite bratty and inconsiderate. Why is it that I realize what's wrong with me, yet I just don't know how to approach changing it?


I am who I feared I would become. 


If life were to throw me out on the streets right now, I would not be prepared. I believe that is what I need, to be ready - to cut my ties to materialism; my need for things that aren't required to survive.

Life should be based on love, not on what my closet is made of. 


- mittens.