September 12, 2011

Coming Home!!!!!!

The dates is set! October 6-9 I will be back in Grand Rapids enjoying the time I'll be spending with my family (Trina, Alex, Alan, Andres, Di Doan, Chu Tri, Aunt Thuan, Uncle Doug, Grandma, Grandpa, Kenny, Brian, Maylin, Co Thuong, Chu Kiet, and Ba Noi). That's a pretty big list... but I'm so very excited to be able to really embrace and cherish the short time I have with them. They mean so much to me and it hit me hard when I realized that I really didn't know what I had until it was gone. I miss family time.

And I cannot forget, I will once again be able to embrace, and be embraced by, Matt. I can't wait to make more memories with him that will help us continue our relationship. & I just want to do the simplest things! Like watch a Disney movie and play a board game. I'm definitely craving some original Grand Rapids restaurants! The weekend I'm coming back is absolutely perfect because it's his birthday weekend, and my Uncle Doug is moving on the 8th so I'll be able to see him before he embarks on his new journey.

I am super giddy and happy to be coming home. Yes, home; Grand Rapid's my hometown, and according to facebook, San Diego is just my current city ;) haha, but just wait Ann Arbor - I'll be coming for you in about two years. GO BLUE!

As you have probably noticed, this post is much more upbeat than my previous ones... and I really have no explanation except that I'm so excited to... ask Andres what my name is, and him replying "eww yucky" with his adorable smile (or adorable pouty face)... to drive around a city where I actually understand the streets and highways... to see familiar faces... to feel absolutely rejected and kicked out of my little cousin's hang out time (they don't really like me and I'm not sure why, hahah)... to eat some of my Ba Noi's food... to see my Aunt Thuan who practically raised me... to be called a "kid" or  "punk" by Uncle Doug again and to be teased by him... to listen to Matt rap to Lil Wayne, hahaha, and to be in each other's presence again... just to be able to consume that feeling of what I know very well to as home.

- mittens.


p.s. Congratulations Jenny and Paul on your marriage! 9.10.11 - what a great anniversary date! I can't wait to creep on the wedding pictures. So sad I missed out :( I got a glimpse at your wedding dress and it looks absolutely stunning!