I have to admit, I've pretty much done nothing this entire week (besides unpack). I go out to eat with my cousins every now and then, and I did once go to the (outdoor!) mall. But other than that, I sit at home online. Fact is, I kind of don't want to be social...
The road trip here was terribly long; my uncle is one interesting character. It consisted of four days in a moving truck, spending our nights at hotels (in the middle of no where), and eating out. I'm not going to lie... I slept the entire four days. But for the time I was awake, I did enjoy looking out the window at the beautiful scenes America has to offer. It was weird, we went from driving on freeways that cut through the woods to driving on freeways that went through the deserts and mountains. We had a few mechanical issues but we got to San Diego, CA on schedule.The house is pretty awesome. It's very open and airy. My parents have their own bathroom and two giant closets, on top of a separate room for my dad's office. My sister and I have our own section of the house, apart from the rest. My bedroom is huge! I have a walk in closet, and enough space for a futon, coffee table, full-size bed, and flat screen. I'm excited to have my own little studio area. I share a bathroom with my sister.
The backyard is breathtaking. It's small, but the view is amazing. My house is on a hill, so we get a skyline view of San Diego. At night, and during the day, the sight is beautiful. I'm very blessed.
When it was first announced that my family was moving, I saw it as an opportunity to "start fresh". Considering my numerous numbers of mistakes made and people I've hurt in Grand Rapids, that didn't sound like a bad idea. However, a few weeks after the news, I had begun to hang out with this boy a lot. Quickly, I noticed that I liked him far more than a friend. The timing here most definitely sucked. Originally, I wasn't suppose to move till August. We both mutually decided to take the risk and pursue this "summer fling" that we planned on ending once I moved. But as usual, things don't go how they plan. Thank goodness for skype right?
San Diego is a beautiful city, and though I still have my moments, I'm excited.
Here's to a new world, a new life, and a different ending.
"give me more than the life i see" - dan black.- mittens.