January 31, 2012

Simply Love Mission.

Isaiah 6:8 “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”
In about six months (June 15 - June 29), I will be embarking on my first mission trip (hopefully). I will be going to Phnom Pneh, Cambodia and Hau Giang, Vietnam to help people medically and spiritually. 


A few months ago, I was craving so badly to go on a mission trip. But I never thought that God would call me into one that would take me to the other side of the world. I really just thought I'd start small scale and work my way up. But what I think isn't usually the way God has me go, haha. Nevertheless, I'm so excited to go on this trip. I know that it will be so good for me spiritually and mentally. I know God wants me to see all that I have, all the things I take for granted, but he also wants me to see that his love exists everywhere. I need to see that. I need more than to see that. I need to touch it, feel it, speak it, and live it. I'm ready. 


I've put God aside so much lately; even pushing him away. But it's time I realize that without him, I'm lost. I need to do this not just for me, but for me and God and our relationship. I will be in another country where I know I will feel helpless and lost and alone; it will make me cry out to God to give me strength. I'm so catered here that I need not more help, but I need to throw it all away to help others and spend time with God. 

Two weeks without a cell phone, a laptop, make up, or any other type of social distraction; two weeks with fellowship, introspection and devotion, and every other type of instrument God uses to pour out his love. 

Wish me luck as my fundraising begins.

Simply Love Mission Trip Video


- mittens.