September 24, 2011

College.

*before starting this post, i'd just like to say one thing: GO BLUE.

So there I was, sitting in the counselor's office, discussing my future plans. Words like the PSAT, SAT, and ACT came up and I began to panic... the scores of my test determine my future. I want to, no I have to get into U of M. No, it's not for a special someone, it's for me. The University of Michigan has been my plan since I was in 4th grade (When my Aunt Thuan got in...). I love the atmosphere of the city and the balance. It's where I know I have to go for college, I can feel it!

I'm kind of freaking out. I have so much to do, so many things that organize and get involved in so that I can STAND OUT in the sea of applications that U of M reviews.

Sorry to every UC college, and sorry Stanford (and dad) for not being interested.
But U of M took over my heart the moment I realized I bled blue and maize.

I'm excited, but nervous. I know that there's this whole world waiting for me in A2 and I'm not letting anything get in the way.

High school has taught me a few things so far, especially with this transition. One, appreciate those around before they're gone and you're alone. Two, appreciate your mom for getting you involved with so many things and creating an outstanding background for yourself. Three, appreciate those who gave you opportunities to stand out. Four, high school cliques (like in movies) are real... never experienced that at city. Five, I suck at math. And lastly, six, don't wait till it's gone to realize what you have.

I'm still learning, and I'm trying to adapt. But it's not as easy as I wish it would be.

Well, I'm off to do homework. Hopefully switching out of Honors Pre-Calc soon.

-mittens.